Frequently Asked Questions
Have a question about The Suites at Overton Park apartments? Search for an answer among the following FAQs.
- Are the units fully furnished?
- Our apartment homes are furnished with kitchen appliances including Refrigerator with Ice Maker, Stove, Oven, Microwave, Dishwasher, and Disposal. We also furnish washer and dryer as well as cable boxes and internet routers via AT&T Uverse. Furniture is not included; it's your home, make it your own.
- How close to campus are you?
- We are one block from Holden Hall. Walking times average approximately 8 minutes.
- How are roommates matched?
- We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync.
- How are rooms assigned?
- Residents who already have preferred roommates can confirm their roommate match requests using RoomSync, our roommate matching platform. If they do not already have a roommate, residents will search for and choose their own roommate using RoomSync. Residents will be able to communicate with each other during and after the selection process. In the event that potential roommates discover that they are no longer compatible, they can request a different roommate and we will do our best to accommodate any change request. To provide sufficient time and the greatest opportunity for residents to find the perfect roommate, they should apply and sign a lease as early as possible.
- If I am over 21, do I need a guarantor?
Yes. All leases are required to have a guarantor. If an approved guarantor cannot be obtained, EdR Management, Inc. will accept a security deposit of one (1) month's rent.
- Is parking available?
Yes! We offer complimentary parking in our 4 story gated and covered parking garage. You will be able to park on the floor you live on making tasks such as move in and carrying groceries to your apartment, simple and convenient.
- What types of apartments/rooms are available?
- We offer one, two, and three bedroom floor plans, each of which come in loft or flat versions.
- What if I do not have my own roommates?
- Not a problem! We have partnered with RoomSync to provide a modern matching platform where residents choose their own roommates. After you complete the leasing process you will be emailed a link to join our RoomSync network. You will then log in to RoomSync using Facebook, create a matching profile, and begin your search to find your new best friend - or roommate for starters. If you already have a roommate in mind, you can confirm your roommate request within RoomSync. Ask our leasing professional for more details about our roommate matching program!
- If I pay in full, do I get a discount?
- Currently, we offer no discounts to those that choose to pay rent in full. However, there is the peace of mind knowing that you do not have to worry about getting rent to us each month and accumulating late fees if you are past the deadline.
- What do I need to hook up my computer to the internet?
- We have private WiFi installed in each apartment home and all you'll need is your computer, smartphone, or tablet. However, you are still able to plug into the land line. You will only need a CAT 5 (ethernet) cable. We have internet outlets in each bedroom and in the common area.[No text in field]
- What if I need to cancel my lease?
Leases are legal contracts for the entire lease term, and the resident will be responsible for the lease. However, we do offer a reassignment option, which involves a $200 fee and the resident will be responsible for finding another resident to take over their lease before they are released from their obligation to the lease.
- What is the cost?
- Please call the leasing office for more information on prices/specials at 806-747-7700.
- What types of leases are available?
- We offer 5, 10, and 12 month leases to help cater to your needs. They begin August 15th.